If you are seeing this post, it means that you are looking for how you could get truck driving jobs in the United States. Well, you saw this post right in time as we are going to be talking elaborately about the steps to get truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in the U.S.
The Unites States is notably one of the countries of the world where immigrants love to go to and every year, the country sees an influx of immigrants from different parts of the world and this is based on the fact that it is one of the best countries of the world to live and work in.
Every year, immigrants come to the United States in search of good fortune and the country never disappoints.
The United States is among the countries of the world with low unemployment rate and with this, you will know that there are a lot of job opportunities in the country.
According to statistics, there are over 20,000 companies in the U.S. that are hiring truck drivers to work who them and so if you are an experienced truck driver, this is the best time for you to apply so that you can move to the United States and start working legally as a truck driver and can also proceed to getting permanent residency in the country.
So without further ado, let’s show you how you could get truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in the United States.
Truck Driving In the U.S.
Truck driving is the transportation or conveyance of goods and services from the point of manufacturing to the location where it is needed. There are different types of truck driving in the United States and they are the long haul truck driver and short haul truck driver.
As a truck driver in the U.S., you could earn as high as $52,034 to $68,293 per year.
What Does A Truck Driver Do In The U.S.
Here are some of the duties of a truck driver in the United States:
- Delivers items to client in accordance with the set schedule.
- Follows the company’s rules and regulations.
- Carries out regular safety inspections of the vehicle to ensure the compliance with the U.S. government and company laws and policies.
- Obtains required signatures, store stamps or meet the required requirements to ensure the accurate settlement of invoices.
- Delivers items to the right locations as instructed.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs to the truck.
- Loads and unload equipment into trucks for delivery.
- Keeps the delivery truck neat and in good shape.
Skills Needed To Work As A Truck Driver In the U.S.
For you to work as a truck driver in the United States, you must have the following skills:
- Ability to operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to deliver goods
- Ability to guarantee the safety and security of cargo
- Ability to plan your trip routes and schedules
- Ability to receive information and relay it to the central dispatcher
- Ability to examine the condition of the vehicle and inspect the tires, brakes, cold storage, lights and other compartments.
Truck Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In The U.S.
The visa sponsorship program for truck driving jobs is one in which an employer in the United States is willing to hire foreign workers and so they are willing to sponsor these foreign workers to come to the country.
Truck drivers are able to come to the country, live and start working legally through the Visa Sponsorship Program.
The Visa Sponsorship program covers the living, insurance and also health expenses. It could also cover paid vacation.
The Visa Sponsorship program allows you to work in the country while maintaining your visa status. The program is easy to apply for and there is little paperwork to fill.
Just ensure that you meet the requirements of the program and have a valid and permanent job offer from an employer in the United States. The employer must also meet the visa requirements to be able to sponsor your visa.
Benefits Of Getting Truck Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In The U.S.
We are going to be talking about what you stand to gain getting truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in the U.S.
- Attractive salaries
- Paid vacation and sick day off
- Health insurance coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- Flexible working conditions
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Health savings account
- Employment assistance program
- Retirement saving plan
Where Do you find Truck Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In The U.S.
If you are looking for truck driving jobs in the United States, there are a lot of websites you could look at for truck driving jobs and although it is somewhat difficult to find truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in the U.S., it is also possible.
On these jobs listing websites, you will find truck driving jobs as they have a lot of options for you to choose from.
Eligibility Criteria To Apply For Truck Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In The U.S.
It is very important that you meet the entire requirements for visa sponsorship before you start applying. Here are some of the requirements you must meet when applying for truck driving jobs in the United States.
- Valid driver’s license
- GED or High School Diploma
- Good driving record.
- Highway maintenance and traffic control safety practices
- Previous truck driving experience, Class A or B CDL preferred
- Capable of lifting up to 60 pounds in all weather conditions.
- Skill in operation of hand tools
- Formal education in arithmetic
How To Apply For Truck Driving Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In The U.S.
If you are certain that you meet all the requirements to apply for truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship, you can proceed with your application. Here are some of the steps to apply for the program:
- Search for truck driving jobs on job listing websites.
- Narrow your search to truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in the US.
- Read through the job description of the options provided.
- Carry out thorough research on the company.
- Upload your CV and other requested documents.
Immigrate To USA As A Truck Driver
If you are a truck driver and you are looking for how you would immigrate to the United States, then you will have to pay rapt attention to this piece.
As a truck driver, you can immigrate to the United States through the H-2B visa as truck driving companies in the country go through this program to hire foreign commercial drivers to come fill up truck driving positions in the country.
Through the program, employers in the country are able to fill up labour shortages in their firm as they get to hire and sponsor foreign workers.
For you to be eligible to immigrate to USA through the H-2B visa, you will have to meet the following requirements:
- You will need to be at least 21 years of age and also have a legal commercial driver’s license “CDL”.
- You will also need to have an endorsement to your CDL that shows that you are specialized and can drive that type of vehicle.
- You must have some years of experience as a truck driver
- You must have no criminal record.
Since truck drivers fall under unskilled employment, you don’t need any important degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I immigrate to USA as a truck driver?
Of course you can. You can immigrate to USA as a truck driver through the H-2B visa as truck driving companies in USA use this program to employ foreign truckers.
Through the program, employers and organizations in the United States are able to fill up labour shortages. This is possibly the best visa option for truck drivers according to drivers.com.
- How much do truck drivers earn in USA?
Truck drivers earn an average salary that ranges from $59,204 to $62,204 per year and around $29.03 per hour. The most experienced truck drivers could earn as high as $83,024 per year.
- Can I get work permit as a truck driver in USA?
Of course you can. You will need to have a heavy vehicle driving license and many companies will also want you to have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) which you can get from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Can truck drivers apply for green card?
Trucking companies in the US have the choice of bring commercial trucking driving to the country either on a temporary or permanent basis. They could sponsor truck drivers for a permanent residency in the US which is green card.
- Which states in the US pay truck drivers the most?
The states in the US that pay truck drivers the most are:
- New York
- District of Columbia
- North Dakota
If you are looking for how you could get truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship in the United States or even how to immigrate to USA as a truck driver, we are sure this post has given you all the vital information you need.
To make the process fast, ensure that you meet all the requirements to make you eligible and also have a valid job offer from a truck driving company in the United States.
Truck drivers are in demand in the United States and so it would be easy for you to get a job offer from an employer in the country.
Naijschools.com – USA 2022 Truck Driver Jobs with VISA Sponsorship
Centerofopportunities.com – Truck Driver Jobs in USA With Visa Sponsorship
Traveljobhealth.com – how to get truck driver in usa with visa sponsorship 2022